We strip and prepare your floors, ready for installing your dream new flooring.
Please see below some tips on how to prepare before the Stript Flooring team come to do your work:
- Before we arrive, please ensure all furniture, electrical appliances and valuables are removed from the work area. If you need assistance with this, please inform us in advance, so we can arrange for labour.
- To minimise the impact of dust and debris, please ensure any remaining furniture / fittings / items are covered with drop sheets.
- To protect clothing, bedding, food and household items, please ensure Pantries and Linen cupboards are emptied, before our arrival. This is particularly important, if we are stripping, cleaning and preparing surfaces in / around these areas.
- To avoid the impact of debris, please ensure any glass doors are covered / boarded.
- Our equipment includes jackhammers and other high-impact tools, which can cause vibration. To minimise the risk of damage, please ensure paintings, pictures, mirrors and other wall-hangings (or ceiling-hangings) are removed.
- The nature of our services is such that dust and noise are inevitable. To ensure adequate ventilation, please unlock all external doors and windows, and check they can be opened. In addition, please notify any relevant parties of the potential noise, dust and disruption, inc. neighbours, tenants, landlords, businesses, etc.
- To facilitate the removal of debris & waste, please ensure there is unrestricted access to and from the work area. If there are physical access restrictions to your premises / property (e.g. security, stairs, etc.), please contact us in advance.
- To avoid alarms being triggered by dust particles, please isolate, disconnect, or otherwise disarm fire and smoke detectors.
- To safeguard delicate soft-furnishing, please remove curtains, blinds and other window coverings – if this is not possible, ensure they are lifted from the ground and covered / protected with plastic sheeting.
- If we are working in close proximity to your toilet, we recommend the toilet system be temporarily removed beforehand – using an experienced, qualified plumber. If required, we can recommend a suitable plumber.
- To deliver our floor stripping services requires access to standard, electrical power sockets. If required, we can provide a suitable generator ($X per day).
- For concrete sub-flooring, we will make best endeavours to remove glue, minimize divots, grooves and other marks – during the removal process. The condition of exposed concrete slabs will, of course, depend upon the quality of the original workmanship / materials; this is outside of our control.
- For wooden sub-floors, we will make best endeavours to remove glue, minimize scratches, holes and other marks – during the removal process. The condition of exposed wooden sub-flooring will, of course, depend upon the quality of the original workmanship / materials; this is outside of our control.
- The nature of our construction / demolition services is such that dust, noise and debris are inevitable. Our experienced, master-builder certified technicians perform their duties with precision and attention to detail. Despite this, and the hints/tips outlined on this page – a small element of risk remains. In the unlikely event of unforeseen issues occurring we are fully insured; please read our T&Cs for details of this.